Rules and Regulations
There will be 2 categories at the Regional Qualifying BFA Local Heats.
· The RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the Year (aged between 16 - 25 years of age.)
· The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year (aged 26 and over.)
- Entry to the competition is open to any florist working in or owning a retail florist shop, or who is a student or tutor at an approved floristry school or recognised college, or VAT registered freelance florist.
- Entry into the competition is charged at £15.00 per person + Booking Fee (for both BFA & NON-BFA members) which has to be paid before attending the heat. This charge is only applicable to qualifying BFA Local heats and will not apply to the final held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. The BFA regrets the fact that competitors will NOT be eligible for a refund if they are unable to attend the heat. *** Please note, unregistered competition entries brought on the day will be subject to an increased entry fee of £30.00 per entry! Registration usually closes 2 working days before each heat is due to take place ***
- The £15.00 competition entry fee will automatically allow the competitor into the BFA Local Meeting without having to pay any further admission charges.
- A competition application form must be completed before entry. You will need to bring the completed application form with you on the day and present it with your competition piece to the competition steward.
- A competitor may only submit one entry per competition and is NOT allowed to enter the same competition twice during the 2013 selection process.
- A competitor may enter the competition at any of venues where the Regional Qualifying BFA Local Heats are held.
- Competition entries must be placed at the venue no later than the start time of the meeting. Meeting start times vary per region, it is the competitor’s responsibility to check the website for the correct start time details and arrive at least half an hour before this time.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure they place their piece in the appropriate category for which they have registered. The competitor is responsible for ensuring the stability of their entry when placed.
- Late entries will only be accepted at the discretion of the Judge.
- All competitors must make themselves and their entries available, as required by the RHS and the BFA, for media purposes.
- The running of the qualifying BFA Local Heats is the responsibility of the BFA and The UK Floristry Judges Guild.
- Only one entrant from each category, the one with the highest scoring marks, will qualify for a place at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show held in May 2013.
- All marks collated at the qualifying BFA Local Heats will be retained by the UK Floristry Judges Guild. Any additional places required at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2013 (i.e. due to competitor drop outs) will be allocated from the highest scoring marks retained.
- If a competitor is not according to schedule, the competition piece will be marked but will also be disqualified from going through to The RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year and will be marked ‘out of Schedule’.
- Entries for the qualifying BFA Local heats need to be received before the cut off date. This date varies per meeting, it is the competitor’s responsibility to check the website for the correct cut off date and apply in good time.
-The RHS, BFA and the UK Floristry Judges Guild reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations for both the qualifying BFA Local heats and the Chelsea Flower Show final at any time. Rules and regulations stated above were last updated on 14th September 2012.
The competition will marked using the European Professional Judging Schedules.
Idea 20 marks
Colour 20 marks
Composition 30 marks
Technique 30 marks
Total maximum marks 100
The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Today its Poinsettia Day
14 December 2012
- BFA AGM 2012
27 October 2012
- Mark Ward President of BFA re-elected as President of Florint
13 October 2012
- Notice of AGM
24 September 2012
- Calling all Level 4 and Level 5 Students!
17 September 2012
- FleurEx 2012 tickets now available!
06 August 2012
- BFA at RHS Tatton
16 July 2012
- Florist & Wholesale Buyer Magazine instigates voluntary liquidation
10 July 2012
- BFA President responds to F&WB First Word comment by Caroline Marshall Foster
07 July 2012
- RHS Chelsea Young Florist of the Year 2012
01 June 2012