Why you should enter?
Previous studies have shown that winning an industry award impacts positively on a business and employees. Winning will give you widespread publicity and the respect of those in the same industry as you. Just being on the shortlist alone gives a well earned boost to everyone around you including staff and family and shows your customers and suppliers that you are serious player in the industry.
Please read these terms and conditions of entry carefully before you start. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
By entering the BFA Industry awards , you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
Entry to the Industry Awards is open to:
- Any florist member working in or owning a retail / studio/ event florist business. Membership must be current with an expiry date of October 2022 or later
- Students or tutors at a recognised member college
- Any business that is registered or recognised as a supplier, service provider, wholesaler, grower or company related to the florist industry.
1. Only nominate one company/person per category.
2. There are 11 categories, you may nominate in all 11 or only those that are relevant.
3. You will only be able to cast your nominations once.
4. All nominations received will be verified before they make it to the 2023 Shortlist.
5. Nominations received that have been placed in the wrong category or those that do not meet the category criteria will be removed. Those that have been nominated for more than one category will be contacted. No changes of category will be allowed once the shortlist has been announced.
6. All those entering the Industry awards and failing to produce any of the mentioned documentation will not have their entry judged. Those nominated but do not complete the submission and application will forfeit the right to compete.
7. Those not fulfilling the submission and application and criteria requested, by the specified date, will not be placed in the voting and final.
8. Any nominee that is found to have provided false information on their documentation forms for the BFA Industry award will be removed from the awards.
9. The details provided by the nominee on the submission and application (for categories applicable) are not able to be amended after documentation has been received or after the cut off time and date. Once the questionnaire and other criteria has been completed by the nominee, the information will apply for the entire awards cycle. i.e. The nominee is not able to amend their details or change their employment during the current selection process. Late entries will not be accepted.
10. In the event of a nominee who has been placed in the final but circumstances have changed, consideration will be given by the Industry Award panel as to whether they are still eligible to partake. The finalist MUST apply in writing (via email) to the BFA to email@example.com to advise in a change of circumstances in order that a decision can be made.
11. In order for a student to enter the awards they will be required to provide their enrolment documentation for inspection.
12. Floristry tutors that wish to enter the awards under the name of the college at which they teach will be required to be a member of the Institute of Professional Florists.
13. For categories with a BFA/IPF membership criteria they must have an expiry date of October 2023 and beyond.
14. First, Second and Third placements in each category will be presented with a winner’s certificate.
15. In the event of a tie after all the marks have been collated, the entry with the highest combined judges panel marks will decide the final placements in the case of 1st 2nd and 3rd.
16. All finalists (with exception to those announced at the Floricon event) must be represented at the Industry Awards evening, held on Saturday 15th October 2023 at The Burleigh Court Hotel, Off Ashby Road (A512), Loughborough University (West Park), Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3GR. What3words: ///singer.gives.event
17. The running of the BFA Industry awards is the responsibility of the BFA .
18. If the BFA decides to cancel the awards all entries will be notified no later than one week prior to the awards dinner.
19. All documentation collated for the awards will be retained by the British Florist Association and deleted after 6 months under the rules of GDPR.
20. All nominations will be verified by the moderator.
21. All nominees must make themselves and their entries available, as required by the BFA, for media purposes.
22. It is the responsibility of the nominator/nominee to check closing dates for nominations and voting.
23. The Application will be marked by a panel. Their decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the results. All submissions/applications will be awarded points. Points will also be awarded for social media and website (where appropriate), spelling and grammar and maximum word counts adhered to.
24. The criteria and votes will be collated by the BFA and moderator. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Public voting is one per person (IP address or email). Any votes cast that do not meet the rules will not be counted and removed.
26.An international panel of industry leaders & professionals will judge in each category, their marks will be averaged to find the judges favourites based on the submission criteria.
27. Aggression or abuse* from competitors directed towards BFA staff or directors will not be tolerated. Nominees found displaying aggressive or abusive behaviour, online or otherwise, will be removed from the awards with immediate effect and banned from entering any future Industry Awards or events organised by the BFA.
28. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not partake in the BFA Industry Awards.
PLEASE READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BY CLICKING HERE
Categories of the awards
IPF Floristry Student of the Year – This category is open to all students who are currently studying a recognised qualification in floristry at a college/university or in a work-based apprenticeship. This category is open to students who are IPF Members. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Floristry Tutor of the Year – This is open to all floristry tutors (full or part time) who teach a formal qualification in floristry with accreditation recognised by industry. The workplace or the Tutor must be BFA or IPF Member. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Training Provider of the Year – This is open to all floristry training providers who deliver City & Guilds/ Apprenticeships or University qualifications recognised by the Industry. This can be done in purpose built premises ( i.e. College) or through work based learning (i.e Apprenticeship) All Training Providers must be a member of the BFA. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Grower of the Year – This category is open to both cut flower and/or plant growers supplying the Florist Industry. Growers can be based in the UK or abroad. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Floristry Service Provider of the Year – This category is open to any business providing a service to the Industry, excluding fresh floral products and flower sending network. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Sundries Supplier of the Year – This category is open to all trade sundry suppliers to the industry who have local and/or national coverage. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Flower Supplier of the Year – This category is open to trade flower suppliers to the industry, who do not have a UK base cash & carry premises. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Local Flower Wholesaler of the Year – This category is open to all independent or individual franchise wholesalers with a UK base supplying florists from a cash & carry premises. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Wedding/Event Florist of the Year – This category is for wedding/event florists that offer exceptional customer service, use the highest quality flowers and exceptional skilled florists. Entrants need to be either BFA and/or IPF Members to be eligible for this category. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
Retail Florist of the Year – This category is for Retail florists that offer exceptional customer service, use the highest quality flowers and exceptional skilled florists. These businesses must be operational 5 days per week and offer delivery services. Entrants need to be either BFA and/or IPF Members to be eligible for this category. This category can be entered by either shop or studio florists. Please read all criteria available from the link above.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, changes to terms and conditions will be binding.
We may update our website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website page may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
“Force Majeure” shall mean any circumstances outside of BFA’s reasonable event including, without limitation, war, act of terrorism, riot, civil unrest, strike, lockout or any other industrial action, epidemics/pandemics including but not limited to COVID-19, Act of God.
*Aggressive or abusive behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Language (whether verbal or written) that may cause staff to feel threatened or abused.
- May include threats, personal verbal abuse, derogatory remarks and rudeness.
- Inflammatory statements
- Remarks of a racial or discriminatory nature
- Unsubstantiated allegations