Who are IPD?
IPD is the Import Promotion Desk (IPD), the German initiative for import promotion. In cooperation with the British Florist Association they will inform, in detail, about the challenges and impacts on the cut flower supply chain with regard to ‘Cut flower imports from Andean countries to the UK’
On the 19th October we joined a webinar which discussed:
- Understanding more about the cut flower supply chain
- Learning about the opportunities and challenges of imports from Andean countries
- Getting to know flower growers in Ecuador and Colombia.
The UK Cut flower Sector
Is worth 2,4bn year – UK Value and cut flowers and houseplants
60% – UK sales go through supermarkets
£28.00 per year /pc – UK annual average spend pc*
£40.00 per year/ pc – Mainland europe market av spend -pc
-4% – global Cut Flower market 5 year forecast £ growth
- pc+per capita
You can find the full IPD guide “Direct Imports – Cut Flowers from the Andean Countries to the UK” on their website: https://www.importpromotiondesk.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Publikationen/andere/210709_IPD_Importer_Guide_Direct_Imports_-_Cut_Flowers_to_UK_final.pdf
Want to know more?
For the first time ever, the Import Promotion Desk (IPD), the initiative for import promotion in Germany, will present a variety of cut flowers from its partner countries Ecuador and Colombia live at the “International Floriculture Trade Fair”.
The cut flower trade fair will take place from the 3rd to the 5th of November in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands. After many weeks and many virtual meetings, an international trade fair located close to Amsterdam, is offering the opportunity to experience cut flowers once again – their colours, shapes and most importantly their fragrance – offering the opportunity to get in touch with exporters directly. The IPD will arrange contact with carefully selected exporters and supports the direct trade from Ecuador and Colombia at the event.
The carefully screened suppliers bring high quality and exceptional cut flowers to the trade fair, such as roses, carnations, gypsophila, craspedia, calla, chrysanthemums, cut foliage and many more.
There, you can also check out the growers IPD are supporting at IFTF in the IPD brochure: https://www.importpromotiondesk.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Publikationen/veranstaltungen/211008_IPD_Exporter_at_IFTF_2021_webversion.pdf
All information about the IPD partners and their offer can be found in the PDF brochure, which is available for download here.
To find more information on imports go to
- ProEcuador can offer assistance on imports
- Asocolflores can offer assistance on imports
- ProColombia can offer assistance on imports
- www.gov.uk (HMRC / DEFRA / AHPA)
- British International Freight Association, www.bifa.org
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, www.ciltinternational.org
- Fresh Produce Consortium, www.freshproduce.org.uk
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, www.londonchamber.co.uk
- Institute of Export and International Trade, www.export.org.uk
- Logistics UK (formerly FTA), www.logistics.org.uk
”IPD is an initiative of the Federation of German Wholesale, Foreign Trade and Services (BGA) and sequa, the development organization and partner of German business. We are funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). In line with our development policy objective, we aim to increase exports from partner countries, promote innovation and higher value creation in order to contribute towards sustainable economic development in partner countries”.
More information about IPD and their individual services at www.importpromotiondesk.de