The IoPF are excited to announce the British Florist of the Year 2019 held at the NEC, BBC Gardeners World show on the 13th and 14th June. The winner of this prestigious competition will go through to the Europa Cup to be held in Poland 2020.
The competition provides an opportunity for competitors to demonstrate creative and technical skills at an advanced level.
The overall winner will be announced live in the Pyramid Stage in front of our studio audience. The competition winner will be presented with the prestigious trophy and carry the title ‘British Florist of the Year 2019’.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
This competition consists of:
Stage 1 – Portfolio and Photographic stage
Stage 1 is a Portfolio and Photographic entry competition, designed to demonstrate the competitor’s skill ability with Floristry.
Competitors will be asked to submit 2 high quality photographs of their designs.
- Bridal Design
- Arrangement of your choice.
- All photos should be sent digitally in JPEG format. Photo’s should not be digitally edited or enhanced and should be the candidates own work.
- Competitors will also be asked to submit a detailed description of their experience in the floristry industry and any competition experience in no more than 500 words. Competitors must have more than 5 years’ experience within the industry.
- Competitors must be a member of the British Florist Association or the Institute of Professional Florists.
- The registration form must be completed by 30th April 2019.
- There are no payments required for Stage 1.
Stage 2 – Final
All competitors accepted from Stage 1 will be invited to compete at the Live Final which will be held over 2 days on the 13th and 14th June at Gardeners World Live, NEC, Birmingham.
- Competitors will be asked to bring one completed design to be judged at their chosen venue. The piece created will be at the competitor’s own expense.
- Competitors will be asked to undertake three further competition pieces in situ, maximum working time of 2 hours per task. Flowers and sundries will be supplied by the competitor with exception of a surprise task.
- The entry fee of £200.00 will be required and once completed the competition the deposit of £150.00 will be returned. Competitors are expected to bring one completed design with them to the live heat.
- In stage 2 you will be required to provide all flowers and sundries for two schedules. The third schedule will be a surprise item.
- The successful candidates going through to the Final of the British Florist of the Year will be given an Aide Memoire to assist the competitor.
All information will be available on www.britishfloristassociation.org website.
This is an individual competition.
There is no limit to the number of competitors permitted to enter the Stage 1 competition.
Please note that competitors who achieve the highest marks wins the British Florist of the Year will be invited to compete at the Europa Cup Final, in Poland.
Please note that competitors will be responsible for all their own expenses at the BBC Gardeners World Show i.e. accommodation, meals, travelling expenses, parking, lunch and show extras.
Please note that the competitor who wins the British Florist of the Year title will be invited to compete at the Europa Cup Final, in Poland
The Europa Cup is a self-funded competition and the competitor will need to find sponsorship or pay their own expenses which could cost in the region of £5-10,000. However, all hotel and meals will be paid for by the Association.
For further information.
Tracy Tomlinson (email@example.com, 02475 090326)
A completed registration is an indication that you have agreed to the following: BFA/ IOPF British Florist of the Year Competition Terms and Conditions.
This competition is kindly sponsored by eflorist.